Sunday, June 15, 2014

on my own

I often stop to think that most important decisions in life, such as where to go to school, what job to accept, or where to live, I make on my own. There is nothing wrong with living life alone, or as a couple. Sometimes it is easier to have help from a significant other (not that I would know, but I'm assuming it would be). I moved to Phoenix, found my apartment, make my own friends (I don't have a husband who can be my automatic best friend, and buddy to bring places so I don't have to be alone), explore my new city, apply and choose which job to pick on my own.

It is hard to know if I am making the right choices...for me. Moving 2500 miles away to a state where I don't know a single person hasn't been the easiest, but I know that I made the right decision...for me. My mom and sister bought me a card, and I think the card said it all:
 
"Life is hard sometimes - crazy, mixed-up, messed up.
And there you are, in the middle of it all, just doing your thing...being strong and brave and beautiful like it is no big deal.
But let me tell you girl, it is!
Not everyone can do what you do.
Not everyone can handle things the way you can.
While you wonder sometimes if you're doing ok...
the rest of us are just watching in wonder"
 
I forget sometimes that moving without anyone to guide you along the way is a big deal, and I should be proud of myself. For reaching for the stars; for wanting bigger and better things that I knew I wouldn't get had I stayed in Virginia. I am proud of myself for choosing me, and for doing things on my own.
 
{blessed & thankful that I at least have this little gal to keep me company!}
 



No comments:

Post a Comment