Thursday, June 28, 2012

. throwback Thursday .


Remember when:

I went to visit my best friend in Denver, CO (2011)

So, a tiny back story. I met my best friend Jonell in 2008 thru a mutual friend. We clicked on a whole other level and became instant best friends. After she graduated high school she went in to the Air Force, then went to college and just recently graduated from the University of Denver with a Master's of Social Work. She is now an animal assisted therapist with Harper, her canine co-therapis....did I mention she's awesome!!
I hadn't seen her in about 2 years and was contemplating visiting her in September for her birthday. My mom was born in Denver and I figured I could see where she was born at the same time.

I was going to keep it a surprise from my friend but she is an incredibly busy person and I didn't want to overwhelm her by just showing up....so I called her and told her I was coming to Denver, in 2 weeks.

I flew from DC to Minnesota then to Denver. The whole time I was thinking "I know the Rockies are pretty big, but where the heck are they?? All I see is flat land!" I was thourougly confused but then all of the sudden, there they were...it was beautiful!!

I loved spending time in the mountains and hanging out with my best friend, her animals and the city and state she loves. I got to see the street where my mom was born (it's now a huge shopping area). We got to reminis, talk about the past and the future and relax. It was nice to see my best friend after so long and it was like no time had passed at all.

Colorado is gorgeous, I love the state. And I would like to say to all of you who are living in Colorado or have loved ones there, that I am praying for these fires to go away and for rain to come very soon!! Its absolutely horrible to watch houses go up in flames, and I couldn't imagine my house being one of them. Stay safe!

Here are some pictures from my trip :)

{ Atticus the weimeraner }

{ Harper, the Vizla and now certified co-therapist }




{ This is my all time favorite picture...I love the lighting }


{ best friends }



{ oh ya know, just petting chipmunks }

{ remember when I kissed a chipmunk :) }

{ On top of the world }

Happy Thursday

Xoxo E

1 comment:

  1. THIS MADE MY DAY! It makes me so unbelievably happy to reminisce about your trip! Oh how I wish we lived closer! I'm so honored that you came to visit me, it was honestly such a long time coming. I've missed you terribly! Still do:( You will always be the love of my life my darling! Thanks for thinking of me today! Holy cow, this was so nice! <3

    ReplyDelete